This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
The numerous health benefits that Lifeboost claims include low acidity, naturally flavored, single-origin, and mycotoxin-free coffee beans and pre-ground coffee.
But is it really true what the company claims, and is Lifeboost coffee really health-friendly?
In this detailed Lifeboost coffee review, we’ll discuss everything from their pros and cons, the variety they offer, where they source the coffee from, their roastery methods, and if Lifeboost is a better choice over every other coffee brand!
What is Lifeboost coffee?
If you are unaware of the brand, Lifeboost coffee produces the world’s healthiest coffee varieties and keenly monitors the cultivation, growth, and roast in fair trade.
Dr. Charles Livingston, a big coffee enthusiast and Chiropractor by profession, dedicated his life to producing something more genuine than an average, low-quality blended coffee.
Thus, he invested his time in building various types of coffee that are tasty and healthy. Dr. Charles Livingston is the founder of Lifeboost coffee.
There’s a slightly different approach Dr. Livingston follows to produce a coffee free of mycotoxins and acidity. Their unique and all-organic cultivation methods differ from the competition.
Along with the unique strategy, Lifeboost also sources its coffee beans in fair trade from the 0.5% of Arabica beans produced worldwide.
Their coffee is exclusively sourced from selected, hand-picked farms in Nicaraguan.
Furthermore, it’s a single-origin coffee, so that you won’t be getting a blend of Arabica/robusta or a high percentage of low-quality blends in your Lifeboost bag.
Positives we found doing this Lifeboost coffee review
- The coffee is hand-picked before and after the roastery to only pack quality beans (undamaged and full of flavors). Each bean is analyzed for shape & size, the perfect roast, and zero mycotoxins.
- They produce and sell 100% Arabica beans, grown at an elevation of 5700 ft+. If you are unaware of the fact, Arabica beans flourish at high elevations and extreme climates.
- Various roasting varieties—decaf/caffeinated and flavored—espresso roast, medium roast, dark roast, pumpkin spice coffee beans, french vanilla, hazelnut, and more.
Current verdict: We personally love farmers and producers who take the growing of coffee seriously since too many companies ruin the environment and sell the consumer a sub-par product at a premium price. Life boost is slightly more expensive than the average market, but its quality and health factors are unmatched.
Our review on different Lifeboost options
Lifeboost offers a variety of flavors and roasts. Unfortunately, the list is almost overwhelming when you first look to see which one you want to try first.
Do you want decaf, highly caffeinated, emergency pre-ground, or espresso coffee?
They also invest a great amount of time in roasting their sourced coffee beans to guarantee freshness. This is why Lifeboost roasts on order.
- Light, medium, and dark roast.
- Biotic cold brew, flavored options.
- Midnight roast
- Dark roasted coffee pods.
Here is a detailed synopsis of their more popular brands
Coffee beans roasted for a shorter period offer brighter and lighter roasted coffee beans.
These beans are usually used for drip methods, including pour-over, french press, Aeropress, etc.
Usually, lighter coffee beans are used for more extended brewing methods (5-10 minutes) for light-bodied beverages.
Lifeboost’s light-roasted coffee is sweet and tangy. Compared to the other Lifeboost roasts, this roast is slightly more acidic.
Nevertheless, it’s still less acidic than other light-roasted coffee brands. The acidic content is not too sharp, and it offers a delicious flavor profile with undertones of milk chocolate.
These beans are roasted longer than a light-roast and shorter than a dark-roast coffee bean.
Medium-roast allows enough roasting time for the coffee beans to bloom flavors. Prolonged slow-roasting further decreases the acidic content of beans, and Lifeboost gets this perfect!
Lifeboost’s medium roast has the lowest acidity and is a non-GMO, pesticide-free product. As a result, medium-roast coffee is perfect for a smooth pour-over/drip coffee. In fact, some individuals use it to brew espressos because of its smoothness.
It’s not too dark, dense, or burnt. Instead, the medium roast coffee gives away a smooth, well-rounded body with sweet cocoa (chocolate) undertones and robust, woodsy flavors.
Dark coffee is roasted the longest for complete flavor extraction and zero acidic content. After that, it’s slow-roasted to heat full flavors out with highly-pigmented dark chocolate color and sometimes a shiny, oily layer at the top.
Dark-roast can get easily burnt if not monitored closely and may result in the burnt coffee beverage.
Lifeboost’s dark roast has a full-bodied texture with natural smoky bitterness and many essential oils, resulting in excellent espresso crema and espressos.
Dark-roast is preferred by individuals who enjoy dark, dense, and highly caffeinated coffee. It can also have the most flavors because it’s usually roasted the longest.
Overall, Lifeboosts’s dark roast coffee is rich, full-bodied, and bitterly sweet. It also has the highest caffeine and flavor content amongst all.
Lifeboost’s espresso whole coffee beans are dark, robust, full-bodied, sweet with many natural flavors and undertones. The coffee beans are packed with caramelized sweetness and sweet-bitter chocolate with hints of fruity tones.
Espressos are usually intense with bold and robust flavors. So, every sip of the shot will be wild and more expressive than the rest of the beverages.
Lifeboost offers decaffeinated whole coffee beans as well as pre-ground decaf coffee.
Decaffeinated whole coffee beans are more expensive because they require an additional technique to eliminate the caffeine content from the beans.
Producers usually remove 97% of caffeine content from the whole coffee bean by washing them with organic solvents, water, and CO2.
Please note: Lifeboost follows the swiss water process to decaffeinate the coffee beans naturally.
If you’re strictly asked not to consume caffeine (for whatever health and psychological reasons), these decaf varieties are a great choice.
They are low-acidic, low caffeine coffee beans that will brew delicious decaffeinated shots.
Please note: this coffee will either taste mild or will have natural/artificial flavors.
Lifeboost offers DECAF in every roast and flavored variety (ground and whole beans). For instance, dark-roast decaf, peppermint mocha decaf, pistachio decaf, etc.
Lifeboost has a probiotic cold brew (coarse ground) coffee variety to aid consumers with low sensitivity, reflux, etc.
These prebiotics are essential for keeping our digestion and inflammation under check. In addition, they have anti-inflammatory properties to aid gut health and the immune system.
Lifeboost’s biotic coffee doesn’t only carry prebiotics but also acids that keep their efficiency alive. In addition, prebiotic coffee has 12 strains, not just one.
Additionally, Lifeboost is the only company with a certificate to use toxin scavenging bacteria that help remove mycotoxins and other contamination from its composition.
The biotic cold brew comes in a coarse ground size to brew delicious beverages without over and bitter extraction.
After dark-roasted coffee, Lifeboost offers midnight roast, which is the darkest version of coffee beans you will come across.
It’s a specialty roast for individuals who prefer dark, slightly bitter, and highly robust coffee. The coffee is low-acidic and non-GMO. Plus, it’s organic!
Lifeboost offers multiple flavored coffees, and the variety is large. As a result, you will be introduced to a wide range of sweet, spicy, tangy, creamy undertones. Some of the bewildering varieties are:
- Smoky Butterscotch: Sweet butterscotch mixed in with a smoky undertone.
- Chocolate Raspberry: As the name suggests, the coffee roast has a tangy raspberry taste with undertones of chocolate sprinkled for aroma and texture.
- Cherry mocha truffle medium roast: Imagine a blend of tart fruity cherries dipped with chocolate; that’s what you get after ordering this perfect flavored package.
This isn’t all; Lifeboost has limitless flavors and flavorful combinations that are mouth-watering and delicately crafted. Suppose you love to try unique flavors with natural aroma and undertones.
In that case, you should try some of Lifeboost’s flavored and yet health-friendly varieties.
Lifeboost’s flavored coffees aren’t high on calories and sugar. Instead, they are flavored naturally with organic ingredients and without artificial calories and sugar.
Coffee is a strong beverage with a robust bitter-sweet delight. However, many individuals cannot drink it without sweeteners or milk.
Lifeboost’s caramel macchiato whole coffee beans are naturally sweet with hints of caramel and vanilla overload.
This powerful combination gives you a smooth, creamy coffee with smoky caramelized flavors and vanilla’s distinct mouth fullness. It’s naturally sweet without any added artificial sugar or calories.
If you enjoy the perfect blend of natural pumpkin spice ingredients, this coffee is just for you.
This pre-ground flavored coffee will offer you a spicy, bitter-sweet, intense aroma and flavors with the gourmet goodness of pumpkin, clove essence, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Again, pumpkin spice is all-natural, and every extract is free of calories and sugar. In addition, there’s no artificial sweetening or flavoring in Lifeboost’s coffee.
You will find a roasted variety for pumpkin spice, including medium and dark roast. There’s also a decaf pumpkin spice with low acidity and Non-GMO content.
Hazelnut is a specialty gourmet Lifeboost coffee. Dry fruits, coffee, and cocoa have always been the perfect combo.
In fact, many single-origin arabica beans naturally have undertones of caramel, nuts, and chocolate. For example, Lifeboost’s hazelnut has a sweet, natural taste of caramel, chocolate, and tangy dry-fruits mouth fullness.
This coffee blend is perfect for espressos because hazelnut adds a delightful and creamy taste to the crema. Just like every other flavored choice, Lifeboost’s hazelnut has many roast-type and natural extracts.
Peppermint mocha is the perfect seasonal beverage for summer. If you enjoy a hint of mint in your food, this coffee is excellent!
It has an enhanced sweet flavor of chocolate and natural peppermint extract. You can enjoy drip coffee, cold brew, and pour-over with this blend. Peppermint brews a refreshing, unique, and crisp beverage!
It’s not overly sweet like other cheap coffee producers I’ve tried. Instead, this french vanilla holds a rich, authentic, and naturally decadent flavor—not too wild and neither too flat. French vanilla is smooth, just like its ice cream.
It has a creamy body with undertones of vanilla extract. The coffee is found in pre-ground and whole coffee bean packages.
What is the best Lifeboost coffee?
For some far-fetched coffee lovers, coffee would simply be coffee. But, for individuals who personally love and romanticize it, coffee is much more.
Please Note: Espresso beans can be used to create more flavor in your coffee for any brewing method.
More personally, espresso is an art, and brewing it with a semi-automatic/manual espresso machine is a craft.
Our favorite Lifeboost coffee blend would be the famous ‘organic, darkest espresso coffee,’ especially the whole coffee beans (Lifeboost also offers pre-ground organic espresso roast). So why is the espresso roast the best?
Every other brewing method (drip, pour-over, french press, cold brew, etc.) is simple and allows a long-brewing period to extract full flavors from literally any kind of roast.
However, for espressos, you need precise medium-dark roasted whole coffee beans for complete flavor extraction, including all the undertones in the shots, rich crema on the top, and enticing aroma with every sip.
Light roast and medium roasts are simpler to attain. Also, light roast only has 30-40% of the flavors extracted. This is because they are not roasted enough to bloom all the flavors inside of them. Similarly, medium-roast has 50-70% flavors which are still far less than a dark roast.
Espresso roast (medium-dark to dark roast) is roasted for the longest to bloom all the flavors and essential oils. Furthermore, these beans are slow-roasted to attain the exotic dark-brown colors of the bean and all the oil.
The art of sourcing and roasting espresso beans is delicate and requires more care and dedication.
Thus, our favorite choice will always bend towards espresso. These whole coffee beans are darker than Lifeboost’s original dark roast, and they are perfect not just for espresso but for every brewing method.
Authentic characteristics of Lifeboost organic espresso coffee:
Lifeboost’s espresso coffee is all-natural, organic, pesticide-free, mycotoxin-free, low-acidic with zero bitterness, and robust.
With Lifeboost, you can enjoy espresso and milk-based beverages with the peace of mind that you won’t experience severe heartburn, acid reflux, gastrointestinal problems, and bitterness.
- The pH value of Lifeboost organic espresso is 6.54! Any average coffee company offers a pH value of 5-5.5 as a low acidic coffee. However, Lifeboost has close to negligible acidic content.
- Espresso’s roast level: On the roastery chart, Lifeboost’s espresso whole beans rank between 35 to 45—35 represents dark roast, and 45 represents medium-dark roast. The precise roast value for Lifeboost’s espresso is 39 in the whole coffee bean state. Lifeboost’s pre-ground espresso has a roastery value of 52—the number 52 falls between medium-dark roast to medium roast.
- Medium-dark to dark roast is precise for brewing espresso. These roasts allow a longer roasting time, increasing the heat inside the beans, resulting in more flavor extraction. With a medium-dark roast; the coffee is wholly bloomed and offers maximum flavor extraction, which is necessary to brew espressos. Lighter or medium roasts can never offer such flavor variation. Lifeboost’s roast is accurate with every batch!
Lifeboost’s espresso blend has black cherry notes with chocolate and nutty undertones.
You can also taste natural caramel and fruity notes in the espresso shot. The coffee beans are tranquilizing with the way they smell. Espresso organic doesn’t contain any artificial sweeteners. So, you won’t notice an overly sweet coffee.
We found the flavors to be mild, delightful, and natural.
You can also use Lifeboost’s espresso organic for brewing drip coffee, filtered coffee, and even cold brew. It brews delicious cold brew, by the way.
Where do they source their coffee from?
Lifeboost sources its coffee from Nicaragua, the largest country in Central American.
The country has a long history of growing quality coffee since 1850. Moreover, it’s one of the countries contributing to producing and supplementing 100% single-origin Arabica coffee beans—the world only cultivates 0.5% Arabica beans.
Lifeboost only produces and invests in Arabica coffee beans. They ensure these beans are given proper climate conditions that don’t use deforestation, forced erosion chemicals, or pesticides to grow their crops.
If you are unaware, arabica coffee beans are more delicate than robusta beans, and they need harsher climate conditions and higher elevation to grow correctly.
Thus, Lifeboost coffee beans are grown at an elevation of 5700ft+ above sea level.
Please note: Arabica beans are more expensive than robusta beans because they are more prone to damage and require a longer cultivating time and care.
Growing coffee beans at a high elevation will increase the ripening duration because the weather is more consistent—very optimal for arabica coffee beans. This slow ripening will allow coffee beans to consume more nutrition and bloom more flavors.
Furthermore, Lifeboost’s coffee beans are shade-grown under canopy trees (Guava trees) to protect the crops from the harsh Sun.
Canopy trees allow sun-filtered light to reach the crops. This allows them to get enriched with sunlight without being burnt by the excessive heat from it. Along with that, shelter from the sun also manifests a slower ripening process.
Shade-grown coffee beans are naturally protected from weed diversion. The fallen leaves increase the nutrient content inside the crops.
Thus, they are healthier, nutrient-rich, and pesticide-free. In addition, life boost coffee doesn’t use pesticides to keep pests away from the crops.
Also, they don’t use additives to increase crop yield, and neither do they use herbicides; it’s all-natural.
Everything is done organically to avoid artificial chemical manifestation or introduction in the crops. They practice natural techniques to keep the crops healthy and away from damage.
Are they single-origin?
Yes, Lifeboost exclusively sources and offers single-origin coffee to its customers for better quality, taste, and consistency.
If you are unfamiliar with the concept, single-origin coffee is sourced from a single country; it could be sourced from a single farm, multiple farms but always from the same country.
Why do people prefer single-origin? First, Single-origin allows you to understand better where your coffee has come from and what flavors to expect.
Also, the quality of these coffee beans is far more than blended coffee because they are not introduced to contamination or low-quality coffee beans during their travels.
Often, cheap roasters and coffee producers mix low-quality coffee beans to increase their net weight at a low cost for more profit.
However, not all coffee roasters and producers sell low-quality blended coffee beans.
Blended coffee beans are a mix of multiple origins, A.K.A., multiple countries. Blended origins allow different flavors (caramel, fruity notes, nuts, spices, etc.) and aroma to blend together in a single bag.
While blended coffee can lack quality(not all of them), single-origin guarantees 100% quality with only A-grade beans.
Furthermore, Lifeboost’s coffee is hand-picked before and after the roastery to only choose the best beans in your bag.
Single-origin coffee beans are pure, contamination-free, gluten-free, and free of any additives or sweeteners. Additionally, Lifeboost’s coffee is also single-farm and single-estate sourced.
It doesn’t blend a variety of coffee beans from different farms either, offering utmost pureness.
- Please note: Single-origin coffee further eliminates the chances of mycotoxins. (We’ll discuss this ahead)
- Single-origin coffee is traceable. If you are a coffee enthusiast who’d like to know the origin of your beans, you can easily find and reach these single-origin farms to aid your curiosity.
- They are shade-grown on high-elevation farms.
- You’d know the flavor profile and body quality of your coffee beans and if it’s grown in the proper condition and quality.
- It allows direct and fair trade that allows farmers to flourish with more profitable prices.
Pros of Lifeboost coffee
Lifeboost is a brand of quality that offers flavorful coffee along with health benefits.
No other coffee roastery focuses so much on their coffee beans’ health and nutritional content as Lifeboost coffee.
Their main goal is to provide healthy organic choices that taste great to start your day without worrying about experiencing any gastrointestinal problems later on.
- The coffee is gluten-free: Gluten is a dangerous protein that can attack your immune system and, thereby, the small intestine. Lifeboost’s coffee is 100% gluten-free.
- It’s 100% organic: The coffee beans are grown without any chemical contamination—it’s pesticide-free, additives-free, and doesn’t contain any artificial sweeteners.
- Lifeboost roasts its coffee after the order is made. It takes 5-6 days to deliver the coffee to your residence, which is an optimal duration for the freshly-roasted coffee to degas. Freshly roasted coffee releases carbon dioxide, which creates bubbles in your brewed beverage. Thus, most companies allow the coffee to degas (release carbon dioxide)
- Lifeboost coffee doesn’t vacuum seal its bags because they deliver fresh coffee that needs to be degas properly.
- The coffee is third-party tested for mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are harmful metabolites that may cause health issues, including cancer, kidney diseases, cardiomyopathy, and hypertension. (We’ll learn more about mycotoxins ahead in the article)
- Lifeboost’s coffee is decaffeinated by the Swiss Water Process, and no solvent is used during the process.
- The company offers multiple roast types and flavored blends. Every flavored coffee is free of sugar and unhealthy calories. They use natural flavor extracts to add a tangy/spicy/fruity/nutty taste to your coffee.
- The coffee is not bitter at all. Even the most robust coffee variety will not be bitter.
Apart from that, the coffee is single-origin, organic, hand-picked, mycotoxin-free, shade-grown, and everything mentioned above.
Cons of Lifeboost coffee
Individuals usually connect coffee’s quality to its overpowering taste, but natural coffee has milder flavors since it doesn’t have any additives.
If your coffee is overpowering, the possibility of artificial flavors being used is high. On the other hand, if you enjoy high-flavored coffee, overly sweet, or bitter flavors, this all-organic may seem a bit mild to you.
- Lifeboost coffee is more expensive than other brands. Although the price is worth the health benefits, it still deters people from choosing Lifeboost coffee over other cheaper brands.
- It’s single-origin. People who prefer surprising flavors in their coffee may not like the quality of single-origin coffee. Single-origin can give you consistency, but it won’t allow you to experience various flavor profiles in different cups and bags.
- Natural and mild flavors: As said, Lifeboost doesn’t use artificial flavors and sweeteners to enhance the taste of coffee. Their flavor profile might disappoint some coffee drinkers who prefer a heavier taste.
- Lifeboost’s website and products have vague descriptions of what they sell and what you purchase. Although they widely discuss their health benefits, Lifeboost still doesn’t describe the complete flavor profile and description (type of roast, natural flavors, body, etc.) about the coffee, which may push away possible buyers.
- The packaging: I personally love Lifeboost’s packaging because it offers variety and color contrasts for different roasts and flavors. However, different packaging fonts and bags may confuse individuals.
If these cons aren’t a deal-breaker, Lifeboost is a great product.
As mainstream as it might sound, healthy coffee will increase your life expectancy, keep you away from significant side effects, and still allow you to drink coffee with a sensitive stomach or heartburn.
Are they fairtrade?
Lifeboost coffee is both fair trade and direct trade. While there’s some contradiction and conflicts over the norms followed by fair-trade organizers, direct trade is more helpful to the farmers and pays much more than they could achieve in fair-trade.
Fair-trade is directed and organized by non-profit communities to avail jobs and community enhancement in developing countries.
On the other hand, direct trade isn’t bound by the law and can directly approach local farmers on a mutual agreement.
In both cases, the middlemen are eliminated to avoid losses to the farmers. Both the trades allow farmers to decide the wages they’d like to work upon. Increasing the profit is more accessible when dealing with direct trade than fair trade.
Fairtrade has many rules, regulations, and practices that farmers have to follow. These fair-trade organizations decide the fair wages/pound after consulting the local farmers.
Nonetheless, these practices promote long-term job opportunities for individuals struggling for work. Moreover, the profit acquired by fair-trade coffee is also invested in community development, including schools, facilities, etc.
Is fair trade really fair?
Many studies have found out that fair trade doesn’t reasonably support local farmers. Instead, it only ever blinds customers into buying fair-trade coffee for more profit and sales.
However, it’s not entirely accurate. Fairtrade might have flaws, but it offers long-term jobs for struggling individuals and farmers.
- Fair-trade is managed by a non-profit organization that constantly builds relationships between developing country local farmers to American/European buyers.
- Fairtrade removes intermediaries, this allows more profit for the farmer.
- While direct trade’s primary goal is to produce quality beans without middlemen exposure, fair-trade was designed for local farmers and their firm sustainability.
- Fairtrade also regulates the environmental approach towards farming and demands valid certification depending on the norms.
- It’s a misconception amongst liberals that farmers are paid/not paid after the sale. The truth is, every local farm is paid before the roastery bags hit the market. Fair-trade additionally aids such (developing) countries after the sales are made.
Nevertheless, life boost supports both fair trade and abides by rules. It also abides by direct trade if the farmers demand so.
Lifeboost is a fair-trade certified coffee that helps sustain and protects nature with eco-friendly practices, produces organic coffee, and supports farmers.
What are the health benefits of Lifeboost coffee?
Many studies over the last decade have shown the health benefits of coffee. It is not only rich in antioxidants; it’s probably one of the most significant sources of antioxidants in your diet. Coffee provides more of them than fruits and even vegetables.
We all know the health benefits of these antioxidants—they aid chronic inflammation and bind free radicals to prevent their side effects (aging, damaging cells, etc.)
Coffee doesn’t only offer antioxidants but also helps your sensitive stomach and sensitive teeth. There’s more to its benefit than what meets the eyes.
- Coffee gives you caffeine which in return increases adrenaline in your system. Enhanced adrenaline boosts your physical stamina and amplifies physical performance.
- Coffee fights off diseases like Parkinson’s disease, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s. Studies and researches have shown that individuals who drank coffee were 65% less at risk of these diseases.
- Adrenaline surge aids mood swings and gives you increased energy to fight off anxiety and depression.
- Coffee+caffeine doubles heart activity in your system, which further promotes your heart’s healthy circulation and functionality.
- Coffee protects the liver by reducing the production of enzymes.
- May reduce the chances of future cancer and diabetes.
Additionally, not every coffee brand will offer you these health benefits. Only high-end producers with accurate knowledge about coffee can create high-quality products that will aid a healthy lifestyle.
Lifeboost is one such coffee brand; they believe in the positive aspects of coffee and continually practice and research to attain those benefits.
- Low acidic and smooth on the sensitive stomach: Lifeboost realized, it’s not the pH value of coffee that was harsh on your stomach because even water has a pH of five. Water doesn’t hurt your stomach, so why did coffee?
- They further studied and deduced that it was MNP. (Methylpyridinium) that triggers the acids in your stomach. MNP efficiently decreases the production of acid. They also found out that dark-roasted coffee enhanced the production of MNP, thus resulting in no acidity or heartburns in dark-roasted coffee.
- Lifeboost is third-party tested for mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are metabolites that occur in molded coffee. Lifeboost kills and reduces the formation of mycotoxins by 100%. It also triple-checks coffee for toxins before the shipment of beans.
- It’s all-organic, single-origin, shade-grown. Each and every step used by Lifeboost coffee is to ensure maximum health benefits from cultivating to processing to roasting.
Please note: 400mg and below caffeine level is adequate for per day coffee consumption. Refer to this article to learn more about caffeine, its benefits, and its side effects if consumed in an uncontrollable quantity.
What is the cleanest coffee?
Every organic variety of coffee beans can be an example of clean coffee—no pesticides, no herbicides, no additives, and artificial flavoring agents.
Lifeboost strongly believes in a coffee that’s organic and offers natural flavors.
In fact, even the flavored varieties of Lifeboost coffee don’t contain any artificial flavors or sweeteners.
All their flavored varieties have natural flavors: vanilla extract, earthy tones, natural caramelization, etc. In addition, Lifeboost knows how to cultivate and roast their coffee for perfect flavor extraction.
As discussed, every step that follows is highly monitored to produce all-organic coffee. Furthermore, organic coffee not only benefits humans but also protects nature without the contamination of artificial agents.
They use all-natural manure and other practices to promote crop growth organically.
- The coffee is grown at an elevation of 5700ft above sea level to provide optimal conditions for arabica coffee beans to flourish. High-elevation provides a colder climate. Colder climates slow down the ripening process, thus giving them extra time to ripe and promote healthy coffee beans properly.
- The coffee is shade-grown. Shade-grown coffees are protected from the sun and its intense rays. The shade-grown technique further reduces the chances of over ripening. It slows the ripening period allowing the coffee to grow and nurture with time.
- They are purely organic without the infiltration of low-quality and inorganic coffee beans.
- They follow wet coffee techniques to process coffee which further eliminates the existence of mycotoxins.
These coffee beans are hand-picked and USDA certified. Lifeboost has been awarded many health certifications, including kosher, fair trade, USDA, etc. In fact, Lifeboost has won many international statuses.
Mycotoxins—How can they affect your health?
Mycotoxins are harmful compounds found in coffee beans, cereal, dry fruits, etc. If not treated and maintained, these mycotoxins can cause many serious health issues—including acute poisoning, cancer growth, immune system failure.
These mycotoxins can plague coffee beans if they are left to mold in unfavorable conditions since they are favorable for certain fungi to grow.
These conditions may include high moisture content (12% after sun-drying), low elevation invites fungi molds, warm climate promotes mycotoxins growth.
Lifeboost coffee follows every practice possible to avoid mycotoxins contamination or the growth of fungi molds that promote mycotoxins.
How do they do that? By growing the coffee beans under strict climate and conditions and checking mycotoxins traces before and after roasting.
- Lifeboost grows its coffee beans at high elevations where the temperature is cold and adequate for Arabica beans growth. This cold temperature doesn’t allow molds to occur.
- The company follows a wet and dry process with a different technique to eliminate mycotoxins. After processing and removing layers, the beans are sun-dried. Moisture in coffee beans can lead to fungi molds and, thus, mycotoxins. The moisture content of each bean should be 11.5% (not more or less). Less humidity inside beans will lack flavors. More humidity (<12%) will invite molds.
- Lifeboost beans are single-origin, and they are not introduced to low-quality coffee beans that are at risk of molds and mycotoxins.
- A study in the journal of food and agriculture tested and calculated the high percentage of mycotoxins—out of 162 green coffee beans, 106 coffee beans were contaminated with mycotoxins. These samples were obtained from parts of Africa and South America. Lifeboost doesn’t intermix different country beans to keep their beans safe from low-quality, artificial fertilizers contamination, mycotoxins, etc.
- Lifeboost coffee beans go under a 30-days rest period after being sun-dried to reach their ultimate potential. Every step followed by Lifeboost is slow to allow full blooming, unlike other brands that fast-forward the process to obtain higher and faster sales.
- Lifeboost coffee also allows coffee cherries to ferment naturally. This natural fermentation takes 26 hours to complete. Natural fermentation allows green coffee beans to soak in cherry flavors.
The more widely known name for mycotoxins is OTA, Ochratoxin-A; it’s more hazardous, causes many serious health issues, and is a possible carcinogen.
Each Lifeboost’s coffee bag is third-party tested for mycotoxins—Lifeboost coffee is tested thrice before it leaves the shipment—the first test is done before roasting and after the sun-drying process.
The second test is done once the coffee is roasted. Again, roasting and high temperature can kill many mycotoxins if they are available at all.
Once the roasting is done, the coffee is tested again to determine the healthy roast level. Over-roasting will give birth to PAH, a carcinogen compound.
Under-roasting will yield no M.N.P., thereby resulting in acidic coffee beans. Thus, every coffee bean is roasted optimally to be stomach-friendly, abundant in M.N.P., and not abundant in PAH.
The third test is done after the 30-day resting period to make sure no Lifeboost coffee leaves with mycotoxins or other health-risky components. Again, the time they invest in producing healthy coffee is worth applauding.
Who should and shouldn’t use Lifeboost coffee?
There’s no doubt that Lifeboost coffee is the healthiest coffee in the market, and everyone should invest in some healthy choices along with the caffeine punch. However, do you really want a low-acidic coffee?
Are you dealing with a sensitive stomach and teeth? If so, Lifeboost coffee can be very beneficial. But, if not, you will be tasting something very bland and mild.
Lifeboost coffee is organic and natural and will not offer too many wild flavors. The cup will be decent with many undertones and without artificial flavors. If that’s not your cup, avoid the brand.
Who shouldn’t use Lifeboost coffee?
- Lifeboost coffee is on the expensive side. While its price might be worth it, you might not want to invest in such a pricey bag. It costs you $30-$35 per 12 ounce bag.
- People who enjoy coffee with intense flavor might not enjoy Lifeboost coffee because it offers natural flavors. Natural and all-organic flavors are often mild and not too intense.
- If you don’t have a sensitive stomach, you can purchase a different coffee brand. Lifeboost coffee charges extra for all the health benefits it invests in.
- If you don’t drink too much coffee, you are most probably not at risk of the side effects of coffee.
- Suppose you enjoy blended coffee and not single-origin. Blended coffee offers many flavor profiles blended together, which is impossible with Lifeboost coffee.
Who should use Lifeboost coffee?
- People who don’t mind spending a little more for their coffee.
- Coffee drinkers who’d like a healthier version of coffee
- People with sensitive stomachs and teeth.
- Coffee purists who enjoy single-origin coffee
All in all, if you don’t mind spending a little more, it’s a healthier choice to switch to Life boost. It will give you a natural coffee without the side effects.
What type of packaging do they use?
Lifeboost doesn’t have a trademark, official logo, official font, and consistent packaging for brand recognition. As a result, every packaging of Lifeboost coffee has a different format, font, logo, and color.
Nonetheless, each packaging has its own unique way of describing the brand. Apart from the overall looks, Lifeboost doesn’t vacuum seal its packets, but there’s a zipper to store beans’ freshness for longer (the old packaging didn’t have a zipper, the new one does)
As discussed, the new packaging isn’t vacuum sealed because there’s no need to vacuum the bags. Lifeboost roasts their coffee after order and delivers it within 5-6 days.
This roasting and delivery period doesn’t need a vacuum because 5-6 days in a non-vacuum bag will allow the coffee beans to degas properly.
There are three different primary packaging—the white bag, the jute bag, and the zipper bag.
You can also order the beans in a burlap sack if you’re giving it as a present.
Do they have a money-back guarantee?
Yes, there’s a refund policy with every package you order from Lifeboost. However, this may depend on different online/local retailers.
If you order directly from the website, the company offers a full refund but charges shipping and return fees.
You may cancel the order at any given point before shipment at the company’s official support website or through their official number.
However, if the order has been shipped and delivered, you can return the package for a full refund, but the company will charge you the shipping charges.
If the order is damaged or incorrect, you can return it without paying any delivery charges. However, if you wrongly placed the order and wish to exchange or return it, you will have to pay the return charges.
Nevertheless, Lifeboost claims no individual will ever need to refund and reclaim the money.
Conclusion—is Lifeboost legit?
Yes, Lifeboost is a 100% legit product with grade-A quality at its best. Lifeboost is a combined effort of Dr. Charles Livingston and Miss Martha; both believe in healthy coffee standards and propose every practice to claim those benefits.
There’s no doubt that the coffee is 100% organic, but what about the taste? Well, you will have to try it out for yourself. As for the coffee semantics, we love the Lifeboost varieties.
To be 100% sure, order their espresso package, medium roast, and a flavored variety and decide for yourself. Additionally, Lifeboost Coffee offers free shipping for orders above $50.